The Lens is proud to have two independent evaluation studies completed within its first two years of operation. Each of these spanned several months, were funded by external partners and completed by industry experts.
Shared Programme Evaluation
Our second evaluation was supported by the William Grant Foundation and was commissioned to independently evaluate our first Shared Programme. It was published in October 2017.
It concluded that:
- 'The Lens is a workplace innovation programme that enables organisations to build an empowering, entrepreneurial culture.
- This evaluation has found that The Lens Shared Programme has the potential to make a significant contribution to Scottish Government economic strategy around innovation and inclusive growth by overcoming barriers to workplace innovation…'
Check out our Shared Programme Evaluation page to access the Executive Summary and Full Report.
Lens Programme Evaluation
The Lens, supported by the Big Lottery Fund Scotland, commissioned the first independent evaluation of our Programme, published in October 2016.
It conclude that The Lens:
- 'Engaged more of the workforce in innovation, and included those who were considered not the usual suspects.
- Found and developed useful ideas that had a strong strategic fit, including a few game changers.
- Developed capacity and skills, wider networks and cross organisational awareness.
- Generated momentum and created a buzz around innovation.
- The Lens has much potential to offer a solution to the public and third sectors as well as the private sector’.
Check out our Lens Programme Evaluation page to access the Executive Summary, Full Report and Evaluation Video.